Paph Mem Larry Heuer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find this hybrid very slow. Well, emersonii primaries in general have been quite frustratingly slow for me.
One Mem Larry Heuer I had bloomed in 2015, 2017, and 2019. and then finally, two new growths at the same time! The plant was bigger than I'd like, so I gave it away.
I have another one with slightly smaller plant stature. Hopefully it'll stay compact. Very slow, though.

How are your Wössner Wolker coming along? Mine is still one leaf a year plant.

I find this hybrid very slow. Well, emersonii primaries in general have been quite frustratingly slow for me.
One Mem Larry Heuer I had bloomed in 2015, 2017, and 2019. and then finally, two new growths at the same time! The plant was bigger than I'd like, so I gave it away.
I have another one with slightly smaller plant stature. Hopefully it'll stay compact. Very slow, though.

How are your Wössner Wolker coming along? Mine is still one leaf a year plant.

I got rid of all of the WW. They were just too slow. Also, while on the subject of slow growers, I have several Fumi's Delight x micranthum in bud right now and the first should bloom in 3-4 weeks. I'll post the photos when they open. Mike

I got rid of all of the WW. They were just too slow. Also, while on the subject of slow growers, I have several Fumi's Delight x micranthum in bud right now and the first should bloom in 3-4 weeks. I'll post the photos when they open. Mike
Did your WW seedlings have issues with brownish round spots on the underside of the leaves?
All three of mine were fine when I first got them from you, but then a couple of years later, about half the leaves started to how these spots on their underside. I could not figure out what, but they never appear on the top two newest leaves.
I kept one seedling to myself. It has been about the slowest thing ever. I think I'm going to hold on to this one for a while, though as I'm determined to see it flower one day. :)

I have blasted about three of Bryce Larkin (FD x micranthum) so far. and I have one Bryce Larkin that has been keeping its sheath low in the last few months. Quite frustrating! This seedling is the most vigorous from the batch since it already has five new growths around it while other seedlings have either zero new growth or one or two. I'm not keeping my hope too high. haha
I have already blasted Barbara Larkin (FD x armeniacum) as well. 2019 was brutal. hahaha

Mike, those leaves on your plant, have they always been that light or are you giving it a lot of light?
One plant of mine had this same light green color while the other one had very dark green leaves under the same moderate light.
Same thing on my other emersonii hybrid (Todd Hasegawa), the one I bloomed not too long ago has this light green leaves and the other seedling I have has dark glossy leaves.
I'm just curious! :)

How are your Gloria Naugle from Orchid Inn doing? I think mine is of blooming size. It is the largest GN I have, and I have a few from difference sources. My Wössner Black Wing seedling (a gift from you) is finally gaining some mass. Can't wait to see it bloom one day!

Mike, those leaves on your plant, have they always been that light or are you giving it a lot of light?
One plant of mine had this same light green color while the other one had very dark green leaves under the same moderate light.
Same thing on my other emersonii hybrid (Todd Hasegawa), the one I bloomed not too long ago has this light green leaves and the other seedling I have has dark glossy leaves.
I'm just curious! :)

How are your Gloria Naugle from Orchid Inn doing? I think mine is of blooming size. It is the largest GN I have, and I have a few from difference sources. My Wössner Black Wing seedling (a gift from you) is finally gaining some mass. Can't wait to see it bloom one day!

The leaves are light colored and the plant is probably getting more light than it really needs. The Gloria Naugles are growing well, but only one has flowered. It had good color, but the flower bloomed directly out of the crown without a stem and was greatly distorted. If it happens again on the next blooming, I'll toss it.

Regarding this flower, the NS = 12 cm.

Mike

Latest posts

Back