Paph. Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kramer Chids

This is a Magic Lantern from the late Marie Riopelle collection. It is Paph. Magic Lantern (delenatii 'Spokane' HCC/AOS x micranthum). This guy shot the flower up fast, I'm thinking it's a pretty happy little chid. The picture in lower bud was taken on 07/19/12 and the pictures of the bloom were taken today. It has been open for just a couple of days so I'm hoping it will get a little larger and flatter.

IMG_2345.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Thank you very much, Dot and Ross. Magic Lantern is one of my favorites. I can't wait until one of your Magic Lanterns blooms Ross.

Looks great so far. I must comment on the clip size compared to the flower. Either the clip is huge or the flower is small. Is the flower small?

Thank you everyone for the comments. :D

SlipperKing - Right on both counts. The clip isn't the smallest of clips as I stole it from my wife and the flower is only 2 3/8" across so not the largest of flowers.

So I cut the flower today. Even though it's a really healthy plant there is no reason to keep the flower since I'm not going to breed it and to me it's just better to let the plant get back to focusing on growing. The flower had a final NS of 7.5 cm. I liked the overall shape and color but I hope it flattens out next time.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Back