Paph. Magic Lantern 'Gunpowder Falls'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magic Latern is a wonderful hybrid and I like it very much, more, I'm a fan of it. Therefore I've seen a lot of these flowers but I'm honest....so far I haven't seen a ML with such an intense colouration. Congrats!

I agree with Guru. A very nicely colored one. Is this a division?

It seems to be happy to bloom so you must be doing something right. I have a bunch of ML (including the albescent forms) and hope they are as nice as yours when they bloom.

I actually have been to the Little GH many moons ago (more than 10 years ago) and I was impressed with their phal collection along the wall. Does that still exist?

I also agree. That's great color intensity for Magic Lantern, which is a favorite of mine. I had a 20+ growth that was taken out by a fast moving crown rot early the year. My response was to buy 3 more. Truly a favorite.

I am also a fan of the Little Greenhouse. I stumbled on them 6 years ago and have gone 2 more times. Essentially whenever I get close to the area I go. They have such a beautifully managed collection.

Thanks all. I doubt this was a division.. I believe when I picked it up there were a few of them. I actually picked one with two growths, and when I repotted sometime last year.. the growths were not attached in any way, maybe they detach naturally? but most likely they were not the same plant. I have since found a home for the second plant. I'm glad everyone can enjoy the blooms, it makes me happy to be able to share these with other enthusiasts, especially during the great dumpster fire that is 2020.

I was just on the phone with Gary from the little green house last week. He says both him and Tom are doing well and are open. It's a treat to have them so close to home, my favorite part about visiting them is hunting for new house plants as they grow a variety of large staghorn ferns, philodendrons, anthurium, succulents and carnivorous plants.. Those two have personal stashes of orchids and cool plants all over the place. Tom has his breeding phals up high over the benches, a section of slippers he keeps roped off but still visible. And Gary has a number of really impressive plants up in the back grow / stock room and along the walls, mostly out of reach but still visible. I love it, you always see something new in there and they are fun to talk to. I hope they stick around for as long as possible. I encourage others to visit if they can, not many places like that around anymore. When you come to DC or Maryland.. they are not far of I-95 and are very reasonably priced. They also anchor the local Maryland Orchid Society.. and I believe they are one of the main reason that this society THRIVES, when compared to many societies across the US. I'm fairly new to this society and I don't know many people yet.. but the monthly show tables are jaw dropping.

Latest posts

Back