Paph. Ma Belle.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
These two flowers are from the same plant.
The first is the motherplant,the second is from a shoot that fell off when repotting two years ago.
Amazing how different they look.
33673555558_86c23561b1_c.jpg

48901342828_3790d9d23a_c.jpg

I cannot say it 100%. It was a small shoot, and the plant was quite big, so I think it's unlikely that it is another plant.

Last edited:
I tend to vote for Ozpaph's suggestion - although the flowers of the same clone can present themselves differently, isn't it quite unlikely, that the same clone would produce flowers with such different staminodes?

Since I can't say for sure, I'll accept your judgement :D
But as said, it was a rather large plant, and a little growth.

Last edited:
the staminode part of this conversation aside... I've had that same dramatic difference in my Ma Belle... first few flowerings were more like the top one... once it got a good root system it ended up looking like a larger version of the bottom one...

but without photos, i can't comment on whether the staminodes were consistent in coloration or shape

I am not that surprised by the difference of blooms. Paphs can have quite different blooms. Growing conditions and maturity of the plant have great influence on the "quality" and even color of blooms.

Agreed, but it doesn't explain these great diferences between those 2 photos, at least in my eyes. I'm tending more to Jens' presumption. But who knows?

Latest posts

Back