Paph. lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

After a long time missing and without the internet I´d like to come back here with my P. lowii.

I got this plants from an orchid hobbist. It grows really well.

Hope you enjoy.

Complete name is P. lowii ('Achim' x 'Berlin').

(I´ll take new photos when the second flower opens)

17220982518_b49cc9ab3b_z.jpg

17408385281_b4af6fe48a_z.jpg

Paphiopedilum lowii

Very well present flower with what appears to be good size as well. The plant also looks large enough to bloom with more then just two flowers. Has it bloomed with more flowers in the past?

I love yours more than mine!!! Wow! A perfect one for me :drool:

:clap:

Thank you everyone for your kind words :)

Very lovely, and welcome back! I can't imagine life without the internet anymore!
Me neither, Dot. It´s difficult, very difficult (Yeah man, I´m a survivor!!!)

Very well present flower with what appears to be good size as well. The plant also looks large enough to bloom with more then just two flowers. Has it bloomed with more flowers in the past?
Rick: first of all, I apologize. I completely forgot to talk about flower size!
Flower is 12 cm NS, a quite good size IMO.
As far as flower count is concerned...I consider this plant to be big enough to produce more than 2 flowers per stem.
Last year, when I bought it, there were only two flowers.
A friend of mine, who has this same cross from the same vendor, got 2 flowers only (but his was single growth plant).
I´ve done a research in the internet and I´ve found a plant bearing 4 flowers together.
Anyway, I think my multiflorals are not completely happy at my growing place. They grow, but much slower than they should, and they flower (when they want, of course) but with lower flower count that I would expect from an adult multigrowth plant.
Last year I started to reduce my fertilizer regime and I´ve seen quite good results in root production. Let´s see what happens in flower production in this plan next year.

That sounds like a good plan Alberto. I've notice a drop in flower production in a number of mine as well, multi's in general I mean. It maybe a off season or the change in the feed water for you and me maybe an adjustment peroid.

Latest posts

Back