Paph. lowii "New Horizon' x "Grand Masterpiece" first from flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi

Reaction score
First flowering of New Horizon x Grand Masterpiece from Sam. Deflasked in 2015. Not bad colour, shame that petals twisted. This is a two growth plant and is kept at a minimum of 17oC and a maximum of 34oC in glasshouse.

3 years from flask!!! You're good.
nice stance
Not so sure it is due to my growing conditions so much. This one plant is significantly more vigorous than any of the others from the flask. They are still a year or so away from flowering.

Looks very nice. What are the dimensions of the flower?

That is an incredible growing to flower it within 3 years. I have one seedling of this cross and it is growing very nicely. But I can't see it flowering for a while yet. Can you post a photo showing the plant. I'm interested in seeing how big it is.

I have a seedling of lowii Red Delight x GM which is much bigger. I think that may flower next year.

Nice to see this. I have the same cross just coming in to bud, so will be interesting to compare the outcome (provided I don't blast it )
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A nice one. As others have said, good growing!

I don't consider it bad that the petals twist. Is that considered a negative when getting it judged or something?

This must be a very vigorous plant . Unfortunately the flowers are at best 'average'. I obtained a division of 'Grand Masterpiece' at the WOC in Miami at the sam time as Sam Tsui and it was truly amazing.

Latest posts

Back