Paph. lowii fma album buds

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, Eric, it's a selfing, not a sib. It's from the group Sam has been selling Paph. lowii `Albino Beauty' (x self). Need to get a new pair of reading glasses...... I bought a small compot a couple of years ago and they are just now reaching blooming size.

really cool!

I have two plants in spike from the cross of Albino Beauty x Gigantic, and it is interesting to see that they have an entirely green inflorescence (not maroon like normal lowii) and all-green buds but with just a little purple at the tips. I have seen some of this cross in bloom, and they won't be album but they will have softer colors than the normal color lowii. I have heard that abinism is a dominant trait in this kind of cross with haynaldianum, but apparently this is not entirely the case with lowii.

Looking forward to seeing yours in full bloom soon!

Looks good! I just have a question looking at that spike: is it normal for the buds to hang like that? I have a regular lowii in spike right now, and it's doing the same thing, and I thought there might be something wrong. How will this one end up, do you think, when the flowers are open?

Looks good! I just have a question looking at that spike: is it normal for the buds to hang like that? I have a regular lowii in spike right now, and it's doing the same thing, and I thought there might be something wrong. How will this one end up, do you think, when the flowers are open?

all multiflorals tend to hang down as the stalk elongates..it looks normal to me..

The buds on all species of Section Pardalopetalum look similar; they'll begin to separate along the arching stem as they develop. The leaf span of this seedling is 19 inches (48 cm); it's the largest of the group.

Last edited:
Very pretty colour and I love the big spoons. I would even say that they either are bigger then most of the lowii's I've seen pictures of, or that it just looks like that because of the lack of colour.

I've never been crazy about lowii, but this is really beautiful. I would love getting one of those.

Wow, that's very nice, Tom! 'Love the form! The colour is pretty nice too, of course. 'Can't wait 'till these have been line-bred to intensify the colour to something more like armeniacum or a good primulinum.

Latest posts

Back