Paph. Liberty Taiwan 'Charlie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...I like that! The flower is perfect. Does it stay that flat and round as the flower ages? :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks again everybody. I'll post the measurments later today. Yes, Wendy. It holds this nice shape right to the end, which was almost 8 weeks last year. Although, I do seem to remember that the colour faded a bit towards the very end. I think I'm going to back-cross it with my hangianum 'First Class Charlie' pollen which I stored last year. 'Should be a nice mating. Paph. hangianum 'First Class Charlie' photos: http://http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16795&highlight=Class

Last edited:
now that... is a very!!!!!!!!! very good flower!

@John:
PS: I think that most micrathum hybrids (at least the "species-cross-near" ones) fade quite heavily over time. At least mine do.

.... I think I'm going to back-cross it with my hangianum 'First Class Charlie pollen which I stored last year. 'Should be a nice mating....

Wow - that's amazing. Why can't we have hangianum hybrids here in the US?!
'cause John wouldn't be able to taunt us! :poke:
Should be a very nice mating but I'd be tempted to self it, it's sooo goood on it's on!

Nice one and good try to backcross to hang...also a good one but probably you will have an outcome progeny with lighter colours...maybe good maybe not

The exclamation in my head when I saw this picture load included profanity...the shape, the patterns...consider the screen filled with drooly-faces.

Wow.....'Glad you like it!

Rose, my intension would be to create a race of very round-flowered seedlings with a deeper yellow background colour and a soft raspberry red netting overlay. Selfing it would create a variety of forms ranging from very micranthum-like to very hangianum-like. It wouldn't produce a bunch of uniformly similar flowering plants.

Latest posts

Back