Paph. Liberty Taiwan 'Charlie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marvelous flower ! Does it come from Taiwan ? I have 3 different LT at home from In Charm and Tatung Orchids. Not the fastest growers but they are growing regularly and are close to flower size. Hope tha have same results !
The 3 are from different crosses and have not the same type of leaves.

Beautiful flower John, wonderful form in particular.
To heighten the color, yet keep the 'all parvi' look, I would consider using the pollen of your Liberty Taiwan to put on Magic Lantern, for size and softer pink colors, I would consider using Liberty Taiwan pollen on something like Lola Bird (emersonii x micranthum) or (niveum x hangianum) or (delenatii x hangianum) if you have any of these. Just a thought

Here's one more:
with your Liberty Taiwan pollen you should be able to pollinate at least 6 other flowers. Not much point wasting them, since you'd want to make sure to use quality like that...

I'm just playing with tooth-picks myself right now....:

5718847254_8c7c88867b_b.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooway!!! That's pollinating in progress, and most of them are going to be stored later tonight. That wil then include "Eppendorf-Caps", Silica-Gel and so forth...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooway!!! That's pollinating in progress, and most of them are going to be stored later tonight. That wil then include "Eppendorf-Caps", Silica-Gel and so forth...

Are you willing to elaborate on this proces either here in this topic or somewere else on this forum?

Or is this a top secret ninja technique?

marvelous flower ! Does it come from Taiwan ? I have 3 different LT at home from In Charm and Tatung Orchids. Not the fastest growers but they are growing regularly and are close to flower size. Hope tha have same results !
The 3 are from different crosses and have not the same type of leaves.

If it came from either of the two mentioned vendors, then I think it likely did come from Taiwan; but, you'd have to check with them to be sure.

Leo: Thanks for the cross advice. I'm pretty limited in my choice of Parvi's to use; but, I'm sure I'll manage to use up all the pollen with what I do have. I do have a niveum x hang. That's probably a cross I'll make.

Stunning!!!
I have made a few flasks of this cross. I’d be happy to get a couple like this bloom. This is certainly in my top 5 favourite blooms on Slippertalk this year. Maybe we could have a Slippertalk slipper of the year award.
Mick

Latest posts

Back