Paph. leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished for a more open bloom. Would have been so nice if it opened a bit more with its round segments. Love the creamy yellow base tho. Super slow grower...
It is very nice , is it a Popow plant from Thai breeding ?

It is very nice , is it a Popow plant from Thai breeding ?

Thanks! I got it from clouds orchids. A local source. But I think they get their flasks from Taiwan. The tag simply says leucochilum. But I’ve gotten a lot of plants from them that has “Bear” in the tag. Hung sheng breeding.

oh yes, Hung Sheng breeding is quite famous.
However if I remember correctly , Hung sheng did not post a leucochilum with this look on their website. All of these orchid companies buying from each other anyway, Popow has many varieties , and one type looks very close to yours , even the Taiwanese and Japanese also have close connection to the Thai breeders.

Took another photo today hoping she would open more. No luck I guess!

Attachments

• 2E1D2C4F-250E-4476-BD5A-43627F24B706.jpeg
    2E1D2C4F-250E-4476-BD5A-43627F24B706.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 26
3rd time. I think they were more open. I remember the first time one of the petals were more open than the other. But segments were less round in previous bloomings. Hence the high hopes lol
Unfortunately the shape will be cupped on this clone since all three bloomings showed this trait. It’s still pretty from the front, with the illusion of roundness.

Unfortunately the shape will be cupped on this clone since all three bloomings showed this trait. It’s still pretty from the front, with the illusion of roundness.

I think so too. I will give it another chance now that it’s becoming multi growth. If it still blooms this cupped I may trade or sell it.

Beside the 'cupped shape' which I don't consider that disturbing is your almost Paph. leucochilum very nice.
Almost Paph. leucochilum because I see few spots on the pouch and they aren't dirt on my screen.
Unfortunately my true P. leucochilum has been in orchid heaven and with its substitude I've got the same problem.....few spots on the pouch. I will send a photo when the flower is fully open.

Latest posts

Back