Paph. leucochillum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My leucochilum ‘Blackest Knight’ is still being discussed at AOS Species Identification Task Force to see if it’s leucochilum vs godefroyae after more than 3-4 months. I’m still awaiting the results lol. Must be quite heated to take this long, 🙃
But, please bear in mind, Leslie, that time spent doesn't garantee the quality of the outcome!
I hope, however, we are in the realm of a luxury problem: that is, should the plant be awarded as P. leucochilum or as P. godefroyae?

It might take some time, though, as botanists seem to fiercely disagree about the taxonomic status of the plants within, what Braem probably might name, the 'godefroyae complex' (probably = I'm too lazy to get up and check his monograph on the genus and hence wildly guessing). Or maybe Braem finds the problem not complex at all and sink all plants into one species, "godefroyae"s, "leucochilum"s and pseudo-leucochilums - the abhorrent and logically contradictory group of bastards, that are grouped into leucochilum-per-definition-having--an-outer-unspotted-pouch-with-spots-or-even-heavier-colouration!
Oh, dear, oh dear! I hope and pray for, that the Leuco Nostra-infiltrators within the Identification Task Force take a firm stance and succeed in their defense of it! 🙏

Last edited:
They accepted its brother ‘OREO’ from same pod as leucochilum. I think that this is reason for the delay.

Grab your popcorn and watch the saga continue. 😂

But, please bear in mind, Leslie, that time spent doesn't garantee the quality of the outcome!

Never have a truer word been spoken! Many people will debate and debate issues and then come to conclusion which is completely ridiculous!

(Sorry for the delay (I'm on holiday in France enjoying full EU perks for a couple of weeks!) And while I will indeed always be European I wish I were still in the EU, but hey-ho, sometimes life sucks!)

Never have a truer word been spoken! Many people will debate and debate issues and then come to conclusion which is completely ridiculous!...
I agree completely. 👍
...... I'm on holiday in France enjoying full EU perks for a couple of weeks!) And while I will indeed always be European I wish I were still in the EU, but hey-ho, sometimes life sucks!)
Enjoy your few days on holydays within the EU.
I never understood the voting of British people ... either the mayority are too old fashioned and too British or the trusted too much Boris The Pied Piper aka big lyer. Sorry for the rest.

I never understood the voting of British people ... either the mayority are too old fashioned and too British or the trusted too much Boris The Pied Piper aka big lyer.
One of the real tragedies of the Brexit referendum was, that polls showed that the younger part of the UK population voted to remain; the older part to leave - except for those, who were old enough to have been adults under/fought in WW2, they too were staunch remainers.
What I see as the tragedy, is the fact, that those, who have to live longest with the consequences, were the ones who were marginaly majorized in the election (I think, I even read, that a poll showed, that the majority relatively shortly after, within a year or so, shifted to the opposite result, due to natural causes (i.e. the demise of a fair chunk of the older Brexiteers).
Boris and his croonies, lying through their teath, owe us all an explanation as to, what happened to the promised fabulous trade agreements; the sky-is-the-limit- expansion of the British economy; the loads of money flowing towards the NHS; etc., etc., etc.???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back