Paph. leucochillum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
I received this as Paph. thaianum few years ago...obviously not it. I think it is Paph. leucochillum(IMO)...not a bad one if indeed it is Paph. leucochillum
edit--the NS is 8.75cm

Attachments

• DSCN9418 (2).JPG
    DSCN9418 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • DSCN9415.JPG
    DSCN9415.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think I am okay with that...as long as it isn't a hybrid which I don't think it is.
To the Danes and Germans, this is a godefroyae. 😂
And this Englishman as well!

Looks very godefroyae (species) to my Danish eyes, Tom....but what do I know, I am just a humble member of the Transnational, European leucochilum League - by some considered akin to a mafia organisation, some sort of Leuco Nostra, and the true heir to and the virtual reincarnation of The Spanish Inquisition. I won't mention any names, but I am sure Leslie will know whom this concerns... (NB. Ed, please notice: European, not EU, you, most unfortunate subject to HM King Charles of Greater Brexitania!).

Besides Ed and I, other more prominent cardholders and possibly also members of the clandestine Central Committee of the League are: Rudolf (Guru, Germany) and Dirck (DirGo, Belgium). At the moment I am not totally aware of the member status of Istvan (dodidoki, Hungary) - read: whether he has succumbed to the persuasive, light coercion and moderate physical pressure, yet. If not, I think it's just a question of very short time.....

Forgive me, if I have forgotten to mention someone, who has already joined the ranks, but rest assured: we will get you all in the end!

PS. Jfyi, sometimes I act as deputy chair of the TNlL, when Rudolf is off on one of his many missonary expeditions, where he with zealous glee and German thoroughness spreads the Gospel according to KEW.

Last edited:
Jen, I must have missed all those debates...love your story tho....been busy with the house over the summer.

I was only glad to be able to keep you up to speed, Tom. You certainly must have had your head filled up with other (more sensible) things to have missed the ongoing godefroyae/leucochilum- feud. Through the last couple of months these pages have virtually been littered with arguments pro et contra! 😉

Last edited:
Looks very godefroyae (species) to my Danish eyes, Tom....but what do I know, I am just a humble member of the Transnational, European leucochilum League - by some considered akin to a mafia organisation, some sort of Leuco Nostra, and the true heir to and the virtual reincarnation of The Spanish Inquisition. I won't mention any names, but I am sure Leslie will know whom this concerns... (NB. Ed, please notice: European, not EU, you, most unfortunate subject to HM King Charles of Greater Brexitania!).

Besides Ed and I, other more prominent cardholders and possibly also members of the clandestine Central Committee of the League are: Rudolf (Guru, Germany) and Dirck (DirGo, Belgium). At the moment I am not totally aware of the member status of Istvan (dodidoki, Hungary) - read: whether he has succumbed to the persuasive, light coercion and moderate physical pressure, yet. If not, I think it's just a question of very short time.....

Forgive me, if I have forgotten to mention someone, who has already joined the ranks, but rest assured: we will get you all in the end!

PS. Jfyi, sometimes I act as deputy chair of the TNlL, when Rudolf is off on one of his many missonary expeditions, where he with zealous glee and German thoroughness spreads the Gospel according to KEW.
Very true Jens and let me complement and assure ..... BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU ALL !!! .... and in the end we will get you all .... even LESLIE.

Very true Jens and let me complement and assure ..... BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU ALL !!! .... and in the end we will get you all .... even LESLIE.
Don't "kill/get" them all...or you have no one to "party" with. LOL! It must be one hell of a party you guys had

My leucochilum ‘Blackest Knight’ is still being discussed at AOS Species Identification Task Force to see if it’s leucochilum vs godefroyae after more than 3-4 months. I’m still awaiting the results lol. Must be quite heated to take this long, 🙃

Back