Paph lawrenceanum 'Philalethia'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

It must be lawrenceanum season... there have already been some really nice ones posted. This is a first time bloomer for me, and as much as I like the photo, it doesn't really do the bloom justice. The colors in this one are really wonderful... both in the pouch and in the dorsal.

Anyway, this one is a division that I imported from Malaysia.

paph-lawrenceanum-alethia1.jpg

Hope you like it!

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Thanks :) Might as well mention here that the tornadoes passed by us today without any serious damage, although we're still having some stormy weather. We did have some hail, and lots of rain, and some strong winds. Some of my co-workers, unfortunately, were not so lucky... :(

- Matt

Paph lawrencianum

Hi ,mine is also in flower at the minute, the one thing i will tell you is that paph lawrencianum has a climbing habit and you may have problems with it extending upwards as it grows naturally in deep leaf litter. The only solutions ive been offered on this issue is to grow up a moss pole like a phrag bessae or cut of half a pot and cellotape it round the top of the exsisting one and fill with your substrate to keep up with the plants root breaks.Hope yours behaves it self!happy growing!
Gavin

Thanks :) Might as well mention here that the tornadoes passed by us today without any serious damage, although we're still having some stormy weather. We did have some hail, and lots of rain, and some strong winds. Some of my co-workers, unfortunately, were not so lucky... :(

- Matt

I know how you feel, since we went through a similar event a few months ago. Its getting pretty crazy. All you can do is get out the chain saw and dig them out.

Latest posts

Back