Paph. Krull's Worthy Web

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
It's Hsinying Web x Paph. charlesworthii
First blooming on this plant. I have three buds and two spikes. A two budded spike is new for me! It needs a few more days to open.
DSCN5773.jpg

I got this one from Forestview Gardens and they got one awarded in Edmonton when I first joined the Orchid Society of Alberta in 2007. I've seen others and all of them have been dark! I hope the segments don't reflex, the non awarded ones did that.

It might go into the February show, it helps if everyone brings plants (small-ish city). I hope I can keep the blooms lasting for two months, that gets difficult for me unless it is a complex bulldog. Cool windowsill, lots of misting and not forgetting to water might help?

Would you believe that we are the second-largest society in Canada?

No I wouldn't have! There are many larger cities, interesting...maybe the larger cities have split up into several societies

Very nice flower. I'm still waiting for mine to flower. Bravo! :)

This one was tougher to bloom for me! But then all the growths shot spikes at once

Wow

Most vinis have some kind of warts/spots and hints of stripes, but this is about the closest thing I've seen to a solid smooth red paph.

I'm not very interested in hybrids in general, but this is an impressive flower.

Thanks for the comments. I think this is now my fav. vini in my collection, though I have very few.
Update photo, now the bloom expanded:
DSCN5846.jpg

I need to do a dorsal rise dance or something as it is still slightly cupped over the pouch. I would photo it showing the dorsal, but then you can't see the pink staminode. Maybe it will rise as the other buds finish developing.

Latest posts

Back