Paph. Key Lime Pie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I don't know if I showed this one before or not. It is a cross between Paph. Helen Congleton (= Norito Hasegawa x delenatii) and malipoense, so it has mainly malipoense (62.5%)and some delenatii (25%)and a little armeniacum (12.5%) in it's background. Can you tell what I had on my mind when I named this Hybrid?? :drool: mmmmmmmmmmmmm Key Lime Pie.

PaphKeyLimePie10282008.jpg

Robert

I like them a lot, cool color and fine shape!!! What size?? For the name: sounds crazy to me, maybe some dutch in the background?? :):) (btw: I hope to be in Hollandsche Rading (Wubben orchids) on friday, so very near Amersfoort) Jean

I like them a lot, cool color and fine shape!!! What size?? For the name: sounds crazy to me, maybe some dutch in the background?? :):) (btw: I hope to be in Hollandsche Rading (Wubben orchids) on friday, so very near Amersfoort) Jean

Thanks, the flowers are pretty large, about 12.5 cm across. The name refers to a type of Pie they eat here in the states (originally that pie came from the Keys in Florida I believe, and is made with Key Lime's). When we came back from Kenya we stayed in A house in Hollandsche Rading for 6 moths, so I know the area, say hello to my folks if you run into them!

Robert

I don't normally like crosses with malipoense in them but these are nice. I like the soft color and then the burst of color in the stamode (I hope I have that spelled correctly).

i'm a big fan of good key lime pie and those paphs are no exception....
thanks for posting!

Latest posts

Back