Paph. Johanna Burkhardt

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a splitter this is not Paph. Johanna Burkhardt but Wossner Black Wings. I kept thinking this is too dark for a Paph. Johanna Burkhardt then I re-read your original caption and see anitum was used.
Great start, keep it going. I want to see it with 4 flowers the next time.

is that anyone asked for the NS yet ? just love its dark color !

As a splitter this is not Paph. Johanna Burkhardt but Wossner Black Wings. I kept thinking this is too dark for a Paph. Johanna Burkhardt then I re-read your original caption and see anitum was used.

Yes -- I did figure that out. But that's the name on the tag from Glen, so that's what I'm using -- for now.

Yes, it is definitely a Wossner Black Wings. I don't seriously believe that adductum and anitum are different species but for hybrids I'm happy to see them separately identified. The hybrids of adductum and anitum are quite distinct. When I opened this post I was expecting a different flower.

Am I correct in saying that those in the US still refer to this as Johanna Burkhardt in order to get round CITES legislation?

To me David its another Susan Booth/Wm Ambler situation in the making. So many Wm Amblers where awarded as Susan Booths in the early years a true S. Booth didn't have a chance. As for the CITES thing I'm not sure about that.

Yes, it is definitely a Wossner Black Wings. I don't seriously believe that adductum and anitum are different species but for hybrids I'm happy to see them separately identified. The hybrids of adductum and anitum are quite distinct. When I opened this post I was expecting a different flower.

Am I correct in saying that those in the US still refer to this as Johanna Burkhardt in order to get round CITES legislation?

just my two cents but i feel anitum should be considered a variety of adductum. not sure if it is a different species.

To me David its another Susan Booth/Wm Ambler situation in the making. So many Wm Amblers where awarded as Susan Booths in the early years a true S. Booth didn't have a chance. As for the CITES thing I'm not sure about that.

I thought anitum was considered illegal in the US if you referred to it as a species but perfectly legal when you classified it as a variety of adductum. Same with the hybrids. Johanna Burkhardt is legal but not Wossner Black Wings. Silly I know if it is true. It seems only in the US this hybrid gets referred to as Johanna Burkhardt.

just my two cents but i feel anitum should be considered a variety of adductum. not sure if it is a different species.

I agree on the variety classification, but man listing the hybrids differently sure does help out.

I agree with both of you.

Me, too!
is that anyone asked for the NS yet ? just love its dark color !
I finally remembered to measure -- it is 9 inches.

Latest posts

Back