Paph ID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don’t know the grex of this plant. I bought it at a "grande surface" (I don't how to say in English... Home Depot syle store... You know what I mean? )

Any idea ?

A Paph. charleswothii cross, because of the big pink dorsal?

Paphioinconnu11.jpg

Charlesworthii likes to give its kids a white staminode usually. I'm going out on a limb here, but when I see petal spots with halos around them, I think tonsum is in there somewhere. And a pretty smart Paph breeder saw some good potential in that species for bringing out color in Maudiae types (ahem, TK, got anything to say here?).

...... The shape and distribution of the spots suggest henryanum may be in there as well ....
That's what I thought too, but I see more of a maudiae complex in the dorsal, I would think a couple of vini parents + henry could produce the color? One of these, you'll never know.

Here are pictures of the leaves... The plant was not in good shape a few months ago... I « broke » almost all the root system. And after there were some so nice Mealybugs !

The leaves seem somewath plain green...

Paphinconnufeuillecharles2.jpg

But in fact, they are slightly mottled.
Paphinconnufeuillecharles.jpg

Last edited:
Back