Paph. hybrid ( tigrinum x ??? )

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

This plant came in my collection recently. It was allready in spike, and the plant had a previous bloomed growth and a new growth was forming as well at the base of the growth with the spike. Best of all it was labelled lowii so I was very excited. Didn't have a lowii yet and to get such a sizeable plant was a dream come true.

This week it openened it's flower and during the opening proces it was allready clear to me that it was no lowii :mad:. I waited for the plant to open it's flower so I could take share some pictures with you.

As far as I can tell there is tigrinum involved in this cross but also something from the cochlopetalum family. But then it is still a mistery because the plant is to big so I guess there might be polyanta influence as well.

As I'm allready suspecting that this is not a primary hybrid I'm afraight it will remain NOID for ever. Probably will sell it on a small event at the end of april.

Here are the pictures

The whole plant:
IMG_1710.jpg

Close up of the flower:
IMG_1711.jpg

Side view showing a 2nd bud :)
IMG_1712.jpg

Here is a link to a picture of Paphiopedilum Wossner Tigerprim

( tigrinum x primulinum )

http://home.iprimus.com.au/clihay/--photos--updated/wostigrp.jpg/odyframe.htm

I'm still wondering if there isn't something else crossed in as well. The leaves are to big and heavy for a primary between tigrinum x ( cochlo subgenus ).

Or at least that's my idea.

edit:

I've send an E-mail to Cloud's Orchids in Canada, as they are the people who registered the primary hybrid with moquetteanum Paph. Cloud's Poison Ivy.

Latest posts

Back