Paph Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I haven't posted a Paph photo in a while. This is the first bloom on this plant under my care. I would have been happy with it were it not for the dimple in the pouch. I'll give it one more chance, then it's out! :evil:

I'm getting annoyed with how short-lived these flowers are. This one has only been open 3 or 4 days and it already has a brown spot on the pouch. I have a feeling Ho Chi Minh x delenatii will be a better cross, so I've ordered one from Norito. :D

The first time mine flowered, it lasted about a week. The next year it was nearly three. First year, it bloomed inside. Second year it bloomed inside my shade house. I wonder if that made a difference.

Interesting pouch pattern on this one.

That pouch color is unusual. Did it get sprayed with chemicals, or does it consistently bloom like that?

I think it's worth a reblooming.
Just think, HCM helps balance the scale with those that last longer, I'm sure most of us have some of those.

One way to make your short-lived flowers last a lot longer is to pick them as soon as they are opened and press 'em. :p :poke: :rollhappy:

The first time mine flowered, it lasted about a week. The next year it was nearly three. First year, it bloomed inside. Second year it bloomed inside my shade house. I wonder if that made a difference.

I think it does, at least in our Michigan climate. The atmosphere outdoors can be much more dynamically buoyant and humid. Often some of my Neos won't put forth any scent indoors, but the fragrance will explode within mere moments of placing them next to an open window or taking them outdoors. Weird, huh?!

OK, first congrats on blooming your HCM. Second, the pouch is an odd one. Not seen by me anyways. I'm curious about the plant itself, does it have any deformities, strange streaks or any odd growth habits?

Latest posts

Back