Paph Herbert Bernhart 'Rebekah' HCC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I've probably told this story in the past but I'm going to repeat it. I've had this plant since 97' when it received its award. It doesn't belong to me the female friend that left it in my care has never come back looking for it! I have no contact information for her at the moment.
When it was awarded I think it had 5, maybe, 7 flowers open at once! She grew inside of her garage under lights because she couldn't afford a greenhouse at the time. For me, growing in the GH all these years I've never had anymore then 3 flowers open at once and maybe a maximum of 5 total!
This is the toughest Paph to get a division off I've ever grown. Normally it does the; one old, one blooming and one start thing. I have gotten to divide it twice in all the years. I do have a second piece of this clone in bud/blooming at the moment!

Rick, what is the hybrid? Not being in town, I have limited access to info other than what I can get off my iPad, and Internet connection here is very slow.
I like the look of this, and its colouring is awesome

Beautiful! I notice this plant has bloomed with different colour intensity throughout the years.. The dark bold colour on the petals contrasts beautifully with the shell pink pouch..
Could be my crazy photography too! (over the years)

I think it can claim squatters rights after 13 years. Nice enough. These sort of hybrids are a bit lost on me but I'm sure if it had 7 flowers open at once I would change my tune.

Back