Quantcast

Paph henryanum ‘Bear’ SM/TPS x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! It’s got great genetics too! Hopefully a colorful well shaped flower. Is it first bloom?

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
It's henryanum season! I have a bunch in bloom too, I should probably get them all in one place to compare them. :) Neat species.

Phred

Reaction score
Hey Charles
Excited to see the bloom when it opens... this is a plant and Ive been looking for a piece of for some time. I emailed Mr Bear a few years ago asking if he'd sell me a division. His response was, 'sadly I lost the plant'. If you ever have a division I'm interested... Lol.

DrLeslieEe

ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Charles
Excited to see the bloom when it opens... this is a plant and Ive been looking for a piece of for some time. I emailed Mr Bear a few years ago asking if he'd sell me a division. His response was, 'sadly I lost the plant'. If you ever have a division I'm interested... Lol.
This is a x self, not the original 'Bear', right?

DrLeslieEe

ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for confirmation regarding parentage.

It’s really sad Marlowe is closing. Jim, Jonathan and Austin are such good guys to chill and chat with. I saw them the last two years at the Cape Cod show (CAIOS) when I judged there.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
I’m using cloth taped floral wire wrapped around short stakes to keep inflorescences in place. This way as the spike gets taller I can move the wire. And I hate jabbing sticks into roots at the base of a plant, so this way the stake is at pot edge