Paph. haynaldianum 'Bear' x 'Bear-1'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great colour and stance.

Perhaps a pic in more natural light as these are yellowish tones?

Low humidity and dry roots can lead to ‘synsepal’ dryness.

Yes, photographing this plant was a chore. Three sessions with it before I had a result I could live with. My house is low on natural light. Should probably spring for pro. photographic lighting. The light source for this photo was halogen. Fiddled with camera setting and post-processing as well. Oh well. Thanks for your comments!

Beautiful!! That's the kind of haynaldianum I want! Bold dark spots with some purple.
My first one was very much washed out in color. Also, not all flowers opened up together, which was strange.
I gave it away and got myself a new one from Orchid Inn. Hopefully this new one will give me some dark colored flowers I've been looking forward to! :)

Thank you! Glad to hear that you use Orchid Inn. I just discovered them and have bought a nice batch of plants from them.

Thank you! Glad to hear that you use Orchid Inn. I just discovered them and have bought a nice batch of plants from them.
Yes, I have heard only good things about them and have finally took the plunge.
never seen such nice looking paphs!
I got myself two bellatulum (one in bud!), one haynaldianum (bred for darker colors than typical), Latoya, and Lola Bird x rothschildianum.

How fun! I bought the selected P. niveum, Angel Hair, Price Edward and a Lady Roth. I had to be very firm with myself not to buy one of their P. sanderianums. Let's compare notes.

Yes, photographing this plant was a chore. Three sessions with it before I had a result I could live with. My house is low on natural light. Should probably spring for pro. photographic lighting. The light source for this photo was halogen. Fiddled with camera setting and post-processing as well. Oh well. Thanks for your comments!
Halogen is bad for flower color lol.

Even bright morning reflection (off walls), fluorescent or warm LEDs is better to bring out the reds.

Hopefully you get another chance?

Oh, okay. Maybe one more time, under the LEDs where it grows, 3000K. The background wall is blue. That could help. A project for tomorrow. Hope springs eternal and I enjoy photography, however mystifying it seems at times.

Oh, okay. Maybe one more time, under the LEDs where it grows, 3000K. The background wall is blue. That could help. A project for tomorrow. Hope springs eternal and I enjoy photography, however mystifying it seems at times.
"Daylight - or it's reflections - is the best light!!"

And most digital cameras default to a Daylight white balance and work best with sunlight/daylight. :)👍

Back