Paph Harold Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so hot!
Sorry I skipped over this previously, I fell out of love for this cross. I'm in the same boat as SlipperKing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first award

It ended up doing well at our show this weekend (Canberra show). It picked up Champion Paph as well as Reserve Champion of the show. Beaten by a Cattelya for first place - :mad:

But more exciting than that, the judges gave it a HCC award (78 points). My first ever award. Apparently it is the first ever Harold Koopowitz to be awarded in Australia. Given the flowers were over 2 months old when it was judged and there was also a minor growth defect that may have lost it points, I might be able to get it bumped up to an AM in future. Anyway, I'm just happy with any award at the moment.

Now I've just got to come up with a clonal name.

David

What wonderful color !!! I have two HKs and just love them. Yours is just beautiful. I have not seen them with such a red cast as yours.....just great!

Do you have any info on the cross?

Jack

What wonderful color !!! I have two HKs and just love them. Yours is just beautiful. I have not seen them with such a red cast as yours.....just great!

Do you have any info on the cross?

Jack

Thanks Jack. No, I don't have any info on the cross. I bought it as a large division and it only had the tag Paph Harold Kopowitz. The colour is very unusual. I haven't seen one like it either. I guess that is the main reason it was awarded.

David

Congratulations David!!!! Well deserved award, and no shame to be beaten by a catt (if it was a good one) Jean

A good Catt!!! That is a contradiction in terms. :poke:

It is nice I guess if you like these sort of things. Personally I wouldn't swap 5 of them for a Harold Koopowitz.

Here it is. Can't remember what it was called.

champion-1.jpg

David

A good Catt!!! That is a contradiction in terms. :poke:

It is nice I guess if you like these sort of things. Personally I wouldn't swap 5 of them for a Harold Koopowitz.

Here it is. Can't remember what it was called.

for this swap I am on your side!!!!

personally I see lots of beauties in Catt species (if good clones :)) Jean

Back