Paph Harold Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I tried my best but photos just don't do this hybrid justice. The flowers look amazing in person. My favourite parvi-roth hybrid as it is fairly easy to grow and flower, and the spike length is insane. This is the third flowering in a year. It should be in every collection.

We have our big spring show in about 3 weeks and I thought I finally might have a Paph that was good enough to challenge for some of the big prizes. But alas, there is a tiny deformity (pouch slightly sunken in) at the back of the second flower which would surely rule it out of contention. I was going to try Rick's tip and put cotton wool in the pouch but the opening is very closed in this hybrid. It would be very difficult to get the wool in and out without damaging the flower.

David

Paph Harold Koopowitz (rothschildianum x maliopoense)

hk2009com7.jpg

hk2009com6.jpg

man, David that is insane! I really need to get me one of these...

and third flowering in a year, it must really like your growing conditions! Well Done.

Amazing colors David. I have never seen this red/cream coloring. Most are green background with veining. I have to disagree with you on the ease of this cross. Here it is a bi*ch to grow, very poor. Very few people have ever bloomed here in south Texas. Doug has had two I think but they were already mature plants. I can't say how they're doing for him at this point either. Hopefully he'll see this thread.

Wow, that's is gorgeous!

I was under the impression that this was a tricky one to flower. Good to know that they do well at least for some people.

Wow, that is so wonderful, thanks for sharing. I've got to get one or more of these immediately!!

Amazing colors David. I have never seen this red/cream coloring. Most are green background with veining. I have to disagree with you on the ease of this cross. Here it is a bi*ch to grow, very poor. Very few people have ever bloomed here in south Texas. Doug has had two I think but they were already mature plants. I can't say how they're doing for him at this point either. Hopefully he'll see this thread.

I did buy this plant as a large clump, so this would make it easier to grow on. The person I bought it off told me it had nice shape but didn't even mention the colour. I was gobsmacked when the first flower opened. I've never seen a HK with this dark colouring either.

I do have 2 other HK's that I bought as medium size seedlings. One has grown on nicely and has now just put out a new growth. I expect it will flower in the next year. The other is going nowhere fast and I suspect will never grow on. I might as well just chuck it out. I've found HK easier to grow then other parvi-roth hybrids. My Dollgoldii has gone backwards and my vietnamense x roths is no longer with us.

David

Latest posts

Back