Paph Harold Koopowitz 'Venous Red' HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really is one outstanding, extra special HK. And it flowers. I'm with Rick, HCC is underrated, you should try get an upgrade.

Bloddy hell….!!! Sorry, being new here I shouldn’t swear! But…sorry again!!! BLODDY HELL!
I have been into Paphiopedilums for longer than some members here might be old, and I know that HK’s can be mind-boggling. I have seen HK’s with even lager segments than this one here, but don’t think I have ever seen a colour pattern shoe vs. remaining segments like this. Because of this difference…I’d call a it a personal favourite! David, do you recon you could keep it a bit wetter, feed it a bit more….to cunningly achieve 3 flowers next time?

Thanks for showing, what a sight!!!

Bloddy hell….!!! Sorry, being new here I shouldn’t swear! But…sorry again!!! BLODDY HELL!
I have been into Paphiopedilums for longer than some members here might be old, and I know that HK’s can be mind-boggling. I have seen HK’s with even lager segments than this one here, but don’t think I have ever seen a colour pattern shoe vs. remaining segments like this. Because of this difference…I’d call a it a personal favourite! David, do you recon you could keep it a bit wetter, feed it a bit more….to cunningly achieve 3 flowers next time?

Thanks for showing, what a sight!!!

Thanks John Boy. Yes, the colour is its best attribute. I can't say I have seen a clone with such heavy venation, especially on th pouch. The chance of me getting 3 flowers is pretty remote. Due to a pretty unfavourable climate (freezing winters with short days) I can have trouble getting a lot of size to my growths as growth during winter is minimal. But I will give it a go.

The plant nearly didn't get awarded as it only had 2 flowers. The senior judge said it needed to have 3 flowers to even be considered. He said the flowers were of award quality but the flower count was too low. When we checked the US data, most HK's awarded only had 2 flowers. The vast majority of HK's I have seen have only had 2 flowers. Anyway someone talked him around and it got awarded.

David

Back