paph hangianum x sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Maybe I should be a bit more direct. Since you haven't posted a photo, how about posting your question in the "Breeding & Production" thread. That's where we "Discuss breeding trends, flasking and seedling culture".

This is the Paph. PHOTOGRAPHY sub-forum. You're question is an interesting one. It might spark an interesting discussion; but, if it's hidden in the photo section, it'll be of no use whatsoever to ST members in the future as reference material because they won't be able to find it.

Maybe I'm wrong about the clonal name on the rhs, I tried using it a few years back and it was very difficult, maybe this cross hasn't been made due to the length of time from seedling to bloom?????

There seems to be some alexj on here for sale everybody likes those roth x hangianum why not sandy x hangianum. Hangianum big flower passes alot of color to crosses mixed with sandy long petal??????

Ted is correct -- the RHS will show only plants that have been registered with them. This cross is not registered, so if it has been made, the maker hasn't registered it yet.

There seems to be some alexj on here for sale everybody likes those roth x hangianum why not sandy x hangianum. Hangianum big flower passes alot of color to crosses mixed with sandy long petal??????

Because rothschildianum is pure perfection. You cross it with anything and you get a great outcome. Other then the long petals, sanderianum is a dog of a flower - narrow dorsal, terrible shoulders in the petals, poor pouch etc. Given the full shape of hangianum, I'm not sure adding long petals is going to improve the flower, especially given all the other floors in sanderianum.

Because rothschildianum is pure perfection. You cross it with anything and you get a great outcome. Other then the long petals, sanderianum is a dog of a flower - narrow dorsal, terrible shoulders in the petals, poor pouch etc. Given the full shape of hangianum, I'm not sure adding long petals is going to improve the flower, especially given all the other floors in sanderianum.

I totally agree that sanderianum itself is a dog of a flower.

Everybody has a personal prefrance, rothschildianum is a full flower, true, nonetheless, I really like sanderianums, and I think a symmetrical flower of the cross would look excellent, although crossing multis and parvis are a crapshoot

Latest posts

Back