Paph. godefroyae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mocchaccino

Biomedical Scientist
Reaction score
godefroyaes brought me to loving slippers when I was young. They are surprisingly variable: patterns of stripes, background color, shape and size of the flower, etc. I like them, yet also hate them. Sometimes they grow slowly and more often they are prone to rot. When they do rot, most do not survive. :mad:

godefroyaes brought me to loving slippers when I was young. They are surprisingly variable: patterns of stripes, background color, shape and size of the flower, etc. I like them, yet also hate them. Sometimes they grow slowly and more often they are prone to rot. When they do rot, most do not survive. :mad:

That's a nice leucochilum. :clap:

"When they do rot, most do not survive." :mad:
Observe your plants often to catch rot at the beginning. Completely remove the affected tissue. Spray with Aspirin solution (one 325 mg tablet disolved in 1 litre of water). Spray 1 to 3 times, a few days apart. Thoroughly wet the entire plant, all foliage - top and bottom, not just the area near where the rot was located. Even water the plant with the solution. Move the plant to a location with more air movement. Doing this will help 9 out of 10 rotting plants to recover.

Thanks john!!! Very nice godefroyae, I thought what seperated godefroyae & leucochilum was the spotted pouch?????? Yours has no spots as a godefroyae, I'm at a total loss at the difference!!!!

Troy, that's why my comment was "That's a nice leucochilum". It's leucochilum.....or, godefroyae v. leucochilum (depending on whether you're a lumper, or a splitter).

Thank you Folks~

That's a nice leucochilum. :clap:

"When they do rot, most do not survive." :mad:
Observe your plants often to catch rot at the beginning. Completely remove the affected tissue. Spray with Aspirin solution (one 325 mg tablet disolved in 1 litre of water). Spray 1 to 3 times, a few days apart. Thoroughly wet the entire plant, all foliage - top and bottom, not just the area near where the rot was located. Even water the plant with the solution. Move the plant to a location with more air movement. Doing this will help 9 out of 10 rotting plants to recover.

Thank you John. That would be helpful for my future rot management. I guess I'm more on the grouper side. I am tired of changing name tags when the pouch turns out to be different from what I wrote. I just call everyone of them godefroyaes for ease of management.

Very nice.. Is this thai breeding (TOD)?

Yes, it's from thai.

Latest posts

Back