Paph godefroyae MegaThread?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opening, it still might open up a little more. The parentage on this one is (Krull's Perfection FCC/AOS x Krull's Round Robin AM/AOS).

PaphleucochilumKrullsPerfxKsRR1.jpg

That is awesome. Can't wait to see them. Are they from KS or the flask you bought?

That is awesome. Can't wait to see them. Are they from KS or the flask you bought?

I have grown some from flask, but have not bloomed any of them, yet. It's one of the plants that I have had the highest mortality out of flask.
In bud I have two more first bloom seedlings from Krull Smith and a previously bloomed plant from Fox Valley that I have had for about five years.

The best godefroyae var. leucochilum that I've seen was at Ray Rands in 1995. The flowers were super red and dark and huge with at least 8-9 growths. I think it is even better than the one Krull Smith have. I wonder what ever happened to that plant. My guess is maybe at Orchid Zone. Too bad Ray never like to bring any plant for judging or naming any primary crosses. He hate the whole "contest" thing. The most beautiful creature that I have seen in his greenhouse was a seedling of Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum x tigrinum in bloom. I should have bought it. I was so inexperience that I would have killed it. Too Bad!

Ummm, just a quick question - just how long do the buds on these take to develop? :sob:

The best godefroyae var. leucochilum that I've seen was at Ray Rands in 1995. The flowers were super red and dark and huge with at least 8-9 growths. I think it is even better than the one Krull Smith have. I wonder what ever happened to that plant. My guess is maybe at Orchid Zone. Too bad Ray never like to bring any plant for judging or naming any primary crosses. He hate the whole "contest" thing. The most beautiful creature that I have seen in his greenhouse was a seedling of Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum x tigrinum in bloom. I should have bought it. I was so inexperience that I would have killed it. Too Bad!

That sounds like an interesting cross! It was probably better left in the hands of the experienced but you will always wonder!

Lovely flowers ... however I'm still drooling over the foliage of the first one ! ... something you've got all year round

Cheers,
Tim

Latest posts

Back