Paph. Gloria Naugle - Final

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncart

Reaction score
I wish I could keep them on the spike until the next growth is ready to bloom.

5795537224_444a54a541.jpg

Actually, it is much darker. It's due to the combination of the flush and the light from HID light. I was too lazy to move it for the picture.

To me it doesn't look like a G.N. I'd guess there's some malipoense blood in there (hidden away)....

To me it doesn't look like a G.N. I'd guess there's some malipoense blood in there (hidden away)....

Really? I don't see that at all. I can't see any evidence of malipoense. It just looks like a very washed out GN to me. I like it though. The markings are quite crisp and clear.:)

Very nice. I'd love to have one of these.

I agree with John. Other than the weird colour (which has been explained), it just looks like a typical GN.

David

well, I might well be wrong! Doesn't the netting and colour (Sepals and Petals) smell of H.K. involvement of some sort?

Oh wau!!! Now I want it!!!

As I said,...I might really be wrong here, but now I ( me, myself, and I) believe even more...what I said before.
Paph. rothchildianum does not do that sort of netting, and for a micrathum that (I'd say) would be way too dark.

Just on a side-line: do G.L.'s ever do pale pouches like that?

But again, I don't want to push it, and: whatever the name: I'd buy the plant, given the chance.

It could have been made with a micranthum eburneum to get that light pouch. The eburneum variety is distinguished by an ivory pouch and overall lighter color throughout.

I took it to the judging today. Although it was nominated, it did not get awarded due to 'somewhat' twisted petals. Oh well.

I took it to the judging today. Although it was nominated, it did not get awarded due to 'somewhat' twisted petals. Oh well.

I can see the twisted petals of the top flower. Try again next year. GN has been a good grower and always gives me two new growth from each spent flowering growth. I agree with Beetus, that the parent micranthum could be var. eburneum

Latest posts

Back