Paph Formosa Lady (sanderianum x Susan Booth)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Flowering for the third time now. I like this cross. Looks like a slightly smaller PEOY but is more compact and way more vigorous. This is the third flowering in 4 years. For some reason it always flowers in autumn. It is the only coryopedilum that does this for me.

David

Paph Formosa Lady (Susan Booth 'Yu-Pin' x sanderianum 'In-charm')

formosalady2010.jpg

paphformosalady2010closeup.jpg

Wow! The patterning on the petals is absolutely amazing! The flowers in general, including the configuration is just wonderful

Amazing show David. The solid colored pouch grabs my eye and the petal stands is so uniform for all flowers. Has your plant bloomed with more flowers? I assume the praestans grandparent brings the flower size down a bit, what size are the flowers?

Great photo of beautiful blooms!! Love the colors and the amazing shape!! Great growing!

Definitely one of my favorite hybrids. One great thing about it is that you never know what to expect... twisted petals or straight petals from Susan Booth. Personally, I perfer the straight petals like yours.

Christian

Amazing show David. The solid colored pouch grabs my eye and the petal stands is so uniform for all flowers. Has your plant bloomed with more flowers? I assume the praestans grandparent brings the flower size down a bit, what size are the flowers?

Flower size - petal length - 21 cm, flower width - 14 cm, Total flower length - 25 cm

It has had 3 flowers each time. I'm pretty happy with that. I rarely get more than 3 flowers on hybrids involving roths or sanderianum (I did get 4 flowers on a Julius once). Tough climate here. Long cold winters so the growing season is short, hence my growths don't get as big as you would get. The growth in this flowering was considerably bigger than previous flowerings. So I'm quitely confident I might be able to get another flower as the plant gets bigger. Certainly in a warmer climate this plant would have 4 or more flowers.

David

:clap: :clap: :drool: :drool: One can say, nice sandie X but one could also say, nice Susan Booth X!

Nice color. You can really see the preasten influence from Susan Booth. I have a cross with (William Ambler x sanderianum) and it's reaching B.S and second growth is starting. I think it use darker form of preasten, so hopefully the flower will be as nice as your.

Your plant looks really compact. How big is the leaf span anyway??

Nice color. You can really see the preasten influence from Susan Booth. I have a cross with (William Ambler x sanderianum) and it's reaching B.S and second growth is starting. I think it use darker form of preasten, so hopefully the flower will be as nice as your.

Your plant looks really compact. How big is the leaf span anyway??

Across the growth in flower it is 50 cm (19 inches). So fairly compact. In a warmer environment I'm sure it would grow bigger. It is quite a vigorous clone though. The growth in flower is bigger than previous flowerings. The leaves are quite wider as well.

WOW. William Ambler x sanderianum should be outstanding. I'd love to have that cross. A dark flower with long petals. I have sanderianum x wilhiminiae which is growing very slowly. I think I'd rather have yours though. The roth grandparent will give it that bit better size and shape.

David

Back