Paph fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, the problem with using natural light is that you are rather dependant on the wonderful British weather :rollhappy:

Your pictures have become Excellent Elena!!!! For the weather: here in Lux . it is about the same :eek:! when I am using my tripod with natural light I have to use exposure time going to 10 sec.!! and I am afraid, that with such a long exp. time a lot of sharpness gets lost! (This is why I am using the cameras flash most of the time, with all the disadvantages of it)!! Jean

Paph fairrieanum is my favorite!! You couldn't possibly bore me with photos of these darlings!!! :D

I never get bored of P. fairrieanum especially when it's pictured in a good photo. Well done Elena.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

:drool: AWESOME!!! :smitten: Keep us posted if the dorsal opens open all the way!

Thank you for all the nice comments, everyone :)

I'll definitely post an updated picture if the dorsal improves. If it doesn't then I'll just have to wait until the next time (this is the first flowering for this plant).

Your pictures have become Excellent Elena!!!! For the weather: here in Lux . it is about the same :eek:! when I am using my tripod with natural light I have to use exposure time going to 10 sec.!! and I am afraid, that with such a long exp. time a lot of sharpness gets lost! (This is why I am using the cameras flash most of the time, with all the disadvantages of it)!! Jean

The fact that one has a long exposure will not in and of itself degrade the sharpness. What will degrade the sharpness on long exposures is camara shake or movement of the subject. The first can be over come with a tripod and the second by making sure there is no air movement to cause the subject to move. Along with the tripod I would suggest, if your camara accepts them, investing in a cable release. They are not expensive and will make a difference as the act of pushing the camara release button with your hand will cause the camara to shake.

Super photo Elena. I love the clean colours as well. I could never get sick of seeing this species. Particularly as it is so rarely seen in Australia. I have been forced to buy flasks of it from outside Australia as larger plants never seem to be available here.

The fact that one has a long exposure will not in and of itself degrade the sharpness. What will degrade the sharpness on long exposures is camara shake or movement of the subject. The first can be over come with a tripod and the second by making sure there is no air movement to cause the subject to move. Along with the tripod I would suggest, if your camara accepts them, investing in a cable release. They are not expensive and will make a difference as the act of pushing the camara release button with your hand will cause the camara to shake.

And use the mirror-up option if your camera is able to do this.

David

Back