Paph fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Hope the folks not sick of these yet. I must admit that I didn't like these at first and yet, somehow, overtime they really grew on me. So much so that I ended up with two - this one from Orchid Inn and a seedling from Ratcliffe.

The cross is 'Queen of Spade' x self although I noticed that OI website now says 'Queen of Spade' AM/AOS x self so I'm wondering if the mother plant got awared, is there a way to find out?

It's been open for a few days so I'm not sure if this is as far as the dorsal will open. It's not as dark as some but I must admit that I really like the 'clean' look and strong contrast. Gotta love the dainty flowers.

Paphfairrieanum.jpg

HO YA!!!! I love these guys also, I have one with 4 buds just starting to open, I'll be posting soon. Jim.

Couldn't imagine being sick of these - it's a wonderful species. I need one.

Elena, yours is beautiful - your photos is great too.

Really beautiful, Elena! You are right, it looks very clean and crisp - quite striking. You take really great photos as well - consistently all the time. Do you have a place set up with lighting, etc. to get these fantastic shots?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

Really beautiful, Elena! You are right, it looks very clean and crisp - quite striking. You take really great photos as well - consistently all the time. Do you have a place set up with lighting, etc. to get these fantastic shots?

Thank you. My set up is actually pretty primitive. I take all my pictures in front of a large bay window which is my only source of light. I use a tripod and piece of black fabric attached to a clothes horse as a background. That's pretty much it. In the future I'd love to learn more about artificial lighting, etc but right now I prefer to keep things very simple.

'course you may :D I use Olympus E-510. For flower photos I mostly use it with 14-42mm lens which is a pretty standard/basic lens that's often sold with the camera. Occasionally I'll use a 35mm macro.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

Thank you. My set up is actually pretty primitive. I take all my pictures in front of a large bay window which is my only source of light. I use a tripod and piece of black fabric attached to a clothes horse as a background. That's pretty much it. In the future I'd love to learn more about artificial lighting, etc but right now I prefer to keep things very simple.

Thanks, Elena. ;) You get really wonderful results - I don't think you need to worry about artificial lighting!

Of course, the problem with using natural light is that you are rather dependant on the wonderful British weather :rollhappy:

Of course, the problem with using natural light is that you are rather dependant on the wonderful British weather :rollhappy:

Yes, I know that is quite a drawback. Especially in the winter when it is still dark on my way to work and dark already on my way home... the only time there is left for photographing things is at the weekend, and you have to hope :poke: that there is some sun then...

Back