Paph druryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David that is just "AWESOME" all I can say is WOW!!!. I have one, don't know if it will ever bloom, but I do have your pic, thanks.... Jim.

Is it really that yellow? Nice! The one I saw at a show was more drabby...mine is still a one growth plant that is growing steadily....

It is pretty close. It is certainly not a dull yellow. Maybe the photo is a little too vivid. I actually shot the photograph in RAW and then made colour corrections through changes to the white balance. In the initial RAW photo the stripes were bright red as opposed to the correct dark blood red.

I'm not sure the flower is as good in person as it looks in the photo. I think in many cases my photos look superior to the reality. Still it is a nice flower.

David

Turning out to be a good reliable grower and flowerer. David
Congrats - thats not only a beautiful flower but also a well grown plant. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Unfortunately I wasn't successful with this species so far. :( :( :(

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I know druyii by nature have smaller flower than other species. How big is the plant? Leaf span. Mine is approaching about 14-16"LS and two new growths. The leaf are about 2" wide. Just curious how close is mine to the flowering and if its going to take multiple clumps like villosum, esqurolei before it start to flower.

I know druyii by nature have smaller flower than other species. How big is the plant? Leaf span. Mine is approaching about 14-16"LS and two new growths. The leaf are about 2" wide. Just curious how close is mine to the flowering and if its going to take multiple clumps like villosum, esqurolei before it start to flower.

It usually blooms on the first growth as the new growths are at least half mature. then it can make quickly massive clumps. :)

I have the same experience as Paul. Yours certainly sounds like it is big enough to flower. The LS of my flowering growth is 11", so yours is certainly bigger than mine. The small flower makes my plant look deceptively big. I grow mine in fairly bright light which you need to get it to flower. This would reduce the size of the growth.

I don't think you will have to wait too long to get it to flower. Best of luck

David

Latest posts

Back