Paph Dollgoldii '#1'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
The 2nd Dollgoldii I have flowered this season. This is a first flowering division. This has nicer colour than my other one and I love the large spacing between flowers. But the flowers are smaller and the shape inferior (especially the narrow pouch). Still it is pretty nice. I don't want to complain too much as I'm worried Rick will fly over and vent his frustrations on me. :)

Looks really really good to me...I'd like to see this other beauty you speak of :)

Looks really really good to me...I'd like to see this other beauty you speak of :)

It currently has another spike opening up so I will be able to photograph the two side by side. It's pouch is really big and round. The one posted here is quite a small plant (single growth and very small lead) whereas the other is quite a large multiple growth plant. So hopefully this one will improve a bit (especially size) when it gets a bit bigger.

Given the difficulty in flowering this hybrid, any Dollgoldii that flowers is a great clone. I do love this cross and am happy to give some bench space for a few of them..

yeah, don't complain too much. I've got two mature plants which have never bloomed.

As a fanatic of yellow I have to say OMG. That's a gorgeous bloom. A lot of parvi hybrids involving parvis with paphs outside of the parvi section are a disaster (in my opinon). They often suffer from deformed blooms or horrible shape, but your plant is definitely an exception. Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I'm really enjoying the beauty of your paph.

Eldorado!!! Like a mythical city of gold, I keep on buying them, but finding a clone that will bloom for me continues to be elusive.
Not only are the blooms well spaced from each other, but they are held nicely clear of the foliage and displayed to their best advantage. Pleasing symmetry, synsepal mirroring the well marked dorsal, and that fine fringe of hairs on the laterals beautifully displayed by your fine photography. An all round enviable result.

Eldorado!!! Like a mythical city of gold, I keep on buying them, but finding a clone that will bloom for me continues to be elusive.
Not only are the blooms well spaced from each other, but they are held nicely clear of the foliage and displayed to their best advantage. Pleasing symmetry, synsepal mirroring the well marked dorsal, and that fine fringe of hairs on the laterals beautifully displayed by your fine photography. An all round enviable result.

+1 - so eloquently succint!

WOW!

Holy smokes that's gorgeous! I've never seen an ugly one of these, though, definitely one of the best Paph hybrids ever created IMO.

Back