Paph. Dollgoldi 'Charlie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much everybody...I appreciate your nice compliments!:)

What David said!!!! And your pics are great, showing that beauty at its best!!!! Could you give the size of the open bloom? Jean

It's 19 cm (7 1/2"), from petal tip to petal tip.

goldenrose said:
What size pot is that? Whenever I've seen Dolligolds for sale they've been huge!

It's a 4" Rand's aircone pot.

The only thing that is better than a good Dollgoldi is a good Dollgoldi that grows into a specimen plant. Excellent display!
Must go home and check mine for buds.

The only thing that is better than a good Dollgoldi is a good Dollgoldi that grows into a specimen plant. Excellent display!
Must go home and check mine for buds.

I check mine everyday!:mad:

John,
Such a beauty. I have 4 different clones and they all display slightly different leaf structures. Some look more armeniacum-like others roth. Can you post a downward shot of the plant plus other angles if you have time?

Thanks

Here you go Rick. Looking down on the plant a bit more.

100_4160-2Dollgoldipltflr.jpg

100_4149-2Dollgoldileaves.jpg

100_4151-2Dollgoldileaves2.jpg

Could this one be a reciprocal cross, using armeniacum as pod parent instead of roth?

The parents are roth 'Legend' x armeniacum 'Fumi's'.

Super! Huge impact on such a small space! When tissue culture for paphs has been perfected, it'll make the perfect candidate for mass propagation ;)

The growths are pretty compact aren't they. Suggests I shouldn't have to wait too long for my plant to flower as it has 4 growths not far off that size.

David

Impressive! I've been coaxing a clump along for a couple of years.... perhaps this year it will deign to bloom. What's the parentage of this wonderful plant?

Thanks John
Your plant favors the roth parent with the wider leaves and rounded tips. The tighter growths also favors roth.

Latest posts

Back