Paph.concolor v. chlorophyllum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Got this last fall from Fox Valley, first time bloom. The flower, the whole plant ....

and a closeup of the leaf pattern, not nearly as interesting as the others.

For what it is worth, Paph.concolor v. chlorophyllum was named for it's green leaves without purple pigment. When this population was found, it was thought to be a population of albino concolors, because the leaves lacked purple pigment. When they bloomed, the flowers were normal concolor. So a new variety was described. Normal concolor has a heavy flush of purple under the leaves. Your concolor v. chlorophyllum should have little or no purple markings under the leaves. Your plant fits the description, it only has a little purple under the leaves.

Nice flower on an interesting plant
Leo

For what it is worth, Paph.concolor v. chlorophyllum was named for it's green leaves without purple pigment. When this population was found, it was thought to be a population of albino concolors, because the leaves lacked purple pigment. When they bloomed, the flowers were normal concolor. So a new variety was described. Normal concolor has a heavy flush of purple under the leaves. Your concolor v. chlorophyllum should have little or no purple markings under the leaves. Your plant fits the description, it only has a little purple under the leaves.

Nice flower on an interesting plant
Leo

Thanks Leo - LOVE the info! Notice I didn't post a pic of the closeup of the leaf pattern. I was able to copy the URL off Imageshack but then when I switched back to ST's page I didn't get an option to paste or do anything! I'll try again & take a shot of the underneath side, there is fine spotting. I don't have a regular concolor to compare, so you guys can be the judges!

Slipperking - it's only one growth, first time bloom, so there are any more buds!

The label on my plant just says concolor but your plant sounds a lot like mine, Rose, there's hardly any purple on it too so I'm also up for seeing some pics.

These are the 3 leaves from the right side of the plant. The first is the oldest, working our way up to the youngest. As you can see they're all a bit different.

I keep forgetting and keep trying to open the photos to view full size. I'm sure the NYC Information Systems police will be here in a few minutes. :eek:

Judging from Leo's comments and looking at the leaves, top & bottom of Roses plant, I'm still not sure of what my plant is. The under side of the leaves on Roses plant are similar to mine but the top, definitely not.
Here is the underside of the leaves on my plant.
DSCN0837.jpg

Latest posts

Back