• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph ciliolare?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
any leads finding this plant?
did a quick search but didn't see anyone offering this
tia

So far ciliolare always comes from the wild, there has been no seed grown mature plants that I have ever known of, commercially. Since a couple of years, the traders in the Philippines earn more money by dealing phalaenopsis, so they stopped getting many species from the wild, including paphs. It was too risky and not worth the profit. That's why we see nearly no ciliolare or adductum blooming size on the market today.

There are two very different types of ciliolare, the ones with quite skinny leaves, and the flowers we all know, usually medium sized plants, 10-25cm. And the giant type, that grows with anitum ( Golamco though even at a point those were superbiens), whose plants can exceed 80cm leafspan ( it is the parent of the natural hybrid with anitum), and the flowers 14-15cm, much bigger, darker and fatter than the standard one ( much the same difference as laevigatum vs. philippinense, adductum vs.anitum, randsii vs. randsii gigantea).

Brian,
I have a seed pod on my plant currently. It's been holding for 6 months now. After 7-8 months I'll send it to the lab, with any luck, it will germinate.

Brian,
I have a seed pod on my plant currently. It's been holding for 6 months now. After 7-8 months I'll send it to the lab, with any luck, it will germinate.

Is that your real pretty one Rick?

I have a spike just starting on mine that I'd like to get some pollen into from yours if you saved any (or have a flower coming up on yours).

I don't know and no. Meaning, I'll have to check my pollen bank and no flower spike this go a round. Good news is, it's growing multiple leads finally.

Latest posts

Back