Paph Chiu Hua Dancer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome! I love the colors.

Now this is the plant you need to cross with your dark sanderianum you posted earlier! Both plants have nice dark colors, and when you backcross your sanderianum to this plant you will increase the petal length dramatically.

Robert
I was seriously considering this exact cross Robert! This weekend I will have time.

Okay, but why did Rob seem surprised that his Jacobs ladder had white ovaries, then?

I guess, I was surprised because I had not noticed them on the first seedling of Jacobs Ladder. On this particular plant the contrast between the flowers and the ovary was much larger, so they just stood out more.

Robert

Oh my goodness I am quickly becoming WAY to jealous of your multifloral paph collection....your sanderianum and this one especially. I second (or third?) that you should backcross to your sanderianum. And send me some seedling when they're out of flask. :)

David

ya def. do that cross. and a good dark roth on one of the flowers too

ya def. do that cross. and a good dark roth on one of the flowers too

So Chiu Hua D X sander and Chiu Hua D X roth. Is that want you are saying Pete? I have Three roths coming up but I would probably have to do the reverse cross with the roth.

I appreciate the whole plant shot. its going to be huge :p
....but if I get rid of my mom's NOID cattleyas/phals then I free up lots of space:eek: ...for slippers she will kill me! haha

Here is a link to two other plants: the petals are awesome! http://www.midpacificorchids.com/catalog/item/166565/7147346.htm

Do you think that gigantifolium x michael koopowitz would have a more openned dorsal? I am still deciding...

ya thats what im saying, thats ok, just put some pollen in the fridge until the best roth is opened fully. the sand backcross is a givin, the gig. x roth that i have seen are excellent and i think that (gig. x sand) x roth would be even better....
ive already made some really interesting crosses on this chiu-hua. 2 are in the lab..

Latest posts

Back