Paph Chiu Hua Dancer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! I've got to check my plant closely and see if maybe I've got a spike coming too!

mark- tis the season for sand crosses!
Rick- this is a nice clone! 3 flowers is a little on the low side, i have seen from 2-7, however the color is great on this one and the petals are nice and wide, how long has it been open? maybe the petals will elongate more...

The flower has probably been open for 2 weeks by now Pete. I've notice one thing this multi blooming season Pete, the flower are more richly colored but the petal lengh has been shorter. That's my impression only no facts to back it up.

probly because its colder! thats what i would think. warmer temps usually longer petals and lighter colors..

how large is the plant...
I know it will be big...I need to make accomodations

it is very tempting to want to get a Paph (gigantifolium x Michael Koopowitz) from Piping Rock Orchids. They are visiting Edmonton in May!
Just this second of googling I saw that it is also a cross locally available from Paramount orchids too (well almost local).
Need to save money this summer....

Piping rock also has gigantifolium ‘Twisted’ x sanderianum ‘#3’. I am thinking MK will be more vigorous, but I am not sure

Fren, I've been ask to show a whole plant shot and I haven't done it yet. Maybe after work tomorrow I will be able to and I'll get the leaf span then too. The only fickled sanderianum cross that has given me problems is Sander's Pride. All others have been vigorous.

this cross has good sized plants as you would expect but all the ones i have seen have been very vigorous growers. the first ones bloomed just barely over 5 years from flask

Here is the whole plant photo I promised a week ago. Fren the leaf span is 25 inches. The blooming fan and one large side growth.
chiuhuadancerplant.jpg

That is awesome! I love the colors.

Now this is the plant you need to cross with your dark sanderianum you posted earlier! Both plants have nice dark colors, and when you backcross your sanderianum to this plant you will increase the petal length dramatically.

Robert

Latest posts

Back