Paph. charlesworthii x henryanum first-bloomer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

This is a first-bloom seedling of Paph. Doll's Kobold, a hybrid of Paph. charlesworthii x henryanum, registered in 1992. I bought a compot of these from Bob Wellenstein a couple of years ago and they're starting to bloom. This is the best one so far. Flower size is a little over three inches across. Photo taken this morning out in the greenhouse.

Super Keeper Ed! I love your "green thumb" sticking up in the middle of the staminode! This is the first time for this clone to bloom but what about the others from your compot? I'm wondering about the dorsals. Were others as flat as this one or did they have reflex problems?

Thanks all.

Rick the others that have bloomed have had somewhat the same good shape, but the colors and spotting in this one are better and the size is a tad bigger. No reflex problems so far.

Very nice Ed! Your picture of this cross inspired me to remake the cross. I used two clones of both parent species that I posted earlier; I hope they turn out as nice as your plant:

Paph. henryanum 'Pink Goliath'

PaphhenryanumPinkGoliath9292008.jpg

and Paph. charlesworthii 'Purple Halo':

PaphcharlesworhtiiPurpleHalo-close-.jpg

PS: Yahoo! I just made it to my 500'th posting!!

Robert

Latest posts

Back