Paph. callosum question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
BEB222F3-8DB5-483C-9216-88F7719E2072.jpeg 1E2C8279-8DB8-4D2E-A70A-1EE782E939F5.jpeg
Got my first (and only) Paph callosum late last October thinking it was a seedling but here it is 5 months later in bloom. It has a 7" leaf span and the flower is smaller than I was expecting. Would this be var. sublaeve? I'll let the experts decide......

In my eyes 'sublavae' would be a very qualified bid - and a fine example of that variety, it seems, indeed! Good colours, good form and a nice stance... I like it a lot! Well grown, and that applies to both your effort and the still young plant's! ;)

If my memory doesn't fail me completely, it also goes under the name of 'thailandense', but 'var sublavae' would be the proper, botanical name.

Kind regards
Jens

Based on the wart placement on the petals (top superior margin), the staminode, petal stance (downswept), color pattern distribution and flower shape, I agree that it is indeed the callosum var sublaeve (aka thailandense).

It's a beauty though! Grow it into a specimen and it will be stunning.

Thank you both for confirming my suspicions. I really like this little plant - it looks rather inquisitive don't you think? Hopefully I can grow it into a specimen. My understanding of this species is that it grows to specimen size fairly quickly compared to other species.

Latest posts

Back