Paph. bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
It must be bellatulum time. Here's one of my better ones. It's about 8 cm natural spread and is growing happily in semi hydro.

bellatulum.jpg

Gorgeous! That's one that I have on my wish list. It just moved up a few notches! :wink:

Candace, without any flattering this is a really nice one.
I'm wondering what is the secret of your semi-hydro culture. I gave it a try with few of my Paphs, P. bellatulum was among them, but this wasn't really successful. So I switched back to my normal culture method. I use even there an inorganic potting medium similar to LECA so there must be a hidden trick?? :confused: :confused:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I don't always have success with semi hydro for my paphs. I've lost enough paphs that I've wanted to cry. I've learned for me, in my culture, small seedlings and flasklings don't do well in it. There will always be the exception to the rule, but the paphs that have died for me have been on the small side. I also cut back on the watering and fertilizer in the winter.

I also have found one brand of leca does much better for me than any others. But, unfortunately this leca has become available sporadically and at great expense to ship. So, I'm actually in the process of transferring many of my paphs to a chc mix. So, I'll be joining you in the normal cultural method.

Latest posts

Back