Paph armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I've not posted frequently if at all in the last month and will probably not be around too much in the direct future. I won't bore anyone with the awful details, but suffice to say my life is rather complicated at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be around more in the next few months. But I thought I'd pop in a photo of one of my first bloom armemiacums that I bought as a small seedling from Sherwood Orchids when they were closing down. It's been in a chc/perlite mix for 7 months. Before that it had been growing in s/h. I don't do anything special with it, or treat it differently. It does get some crushed oyster shell when I give it to the other CA loving paphs and it gets the same temps, light and fertilizer as all my paphs. Although I'd venture to say this is a pretty average one, I do like the sunny color.

armeniacum.jpg

Beautiful colour! Sunny is just the way to describe it!

Congrats on seeing your baby bloom! Hope 'life' gets sorted out for you! We'll all look forward to more posts when it does.

Wonderful colour, like a first glimpse of spring for me!

Good luck with sorting out your complications.

Best wishes, Carsten

It's great ! Congrats ! I hope your life will be more easy very soon ! Keep going on !

Average? There's nothing average about it! I don't see dents and dings, no twisted parts (minor dorsal) it's beautiful. Hang in there girl we're all pulling for you. If we or I can help in anyway PM us! Even if it's to just talk to someone. I've been there with my family.

I think the armeniacum looks just fine, thanks for sharing! And your absence around here has certainly been noticed. Hang in there -- I hope things will even out for you very soon.

WOW!!! I hope mione bloom like this!! I would be very happy...:D:D:D

Look at the bright side of things (like this flower did) and everything will turn out very good!!! Come what may, bad things are the things that intervene between two good things...;):)

Beautiful flower, Candace. Thanks for posting. We don't get to see enough of these. Good luck with whatever challenges you're facing. 'Wishing the best for you.

I've bloomed a few of these and I can tell you that one is above average in shape and color. Like most I have a hard time blooming this one, even though it is one of my favorit. This year I had one blast at the sheath stage, one blast when the bud was starting to plump up. I have one last one that I have hope for this year. It has a small bud started but only time will tell. I'll show it the photo of yours so it can get the idea of where it should be heading. I won't even bother telling you how many other ones I have that are just sitting there, or worst yet they bloom and then lose the main growth and struggle for years.

That's a lovely example of a great species.

Hope things pick up for you soon too. Take care!

It bloomed, and you had it less than a decade, that makes it above average for vigor and ease of bloom induction - a keeper.

Latest posts

Back