P. henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Leslie. This one is above a fish tank so fairly consistent temperatures. I killed the last two with inconsistent watering as they were in small baskets so planning to transfer this to semi-hydro once it has finished flowering.

Ed, what a nice Christmas present. 👍 The lovely flower is really big compared to the rest of the plant. Good luck for keeping it alive and I'm looking forward to seeing the next flower next year.

This is a first time bloomer for me. Bought as a Christmas present for me from the Exotic Plant Company.
View attachment 35195

Whole plantView attachment 35196

Let's hope I can break my bad luck with previous henryanum which has seen me kill them after flowering them once!
Impressively intense color and bold, tarry spots!

Before the pandemic, I got one of Sam’s show plants after he’d dragged it around a few shows. Even in fade, the flower was too spectacular to resist and he gave me a equally irresistible deal. The plant had 5 mature growths and another half dozen small nascent fans…within two months, all but one of the mature growths died and all the small ones too. It did not seem to matter that I tried, they just gave up. It’s three years later and it has two nice growths, probably would have flowered this winter in I hadn’t had the collection-wide poisoning incident but live and learn. Anyway, next time my henryanum bloom I’ll let it go for a week and then a cut flower it becomes.

Back