P, callosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

This callosum just opened.....its maybe the smallest callosum flower I
have seen, and the shape is pretty poor...but I love the color! In real life, the pouch is much darker, and contrasts beautifully with the green in the petals...definitely looks very different from other callosums I have had...Take care, Eric

Maybe so Eric. On future blooms maybe you'll get the typical callosum look. Still, a nicely flowered callosum! Where did you get this one from?

Last edited:
Wow

Those petals are really pulled down.

Var sublaeve (spelling???) typically is smaller and darker colored than the nominal form (along with the downswept petals). I have one I got from AA orchids, which on its first blooming for me also had a small dark flower. It has 2 spikes coming up now.

Apparently it's normal range overlaps with northern edge of that for barbata, and there are reportedly intergrades between callosum var sublaeve and barbata. Maybe they are not really distinct species??

Give it some time. Maybe the petals will fix themselves. The dorsal is beautiful, IMO.:)

I got this on Ebay...from rc-vn.............I have had sublaeve in the past. This is very different. sublaeve has very distinctive, and beautiful, foliage...a larger flower (which shows how small this one is.....) and, at least in my experience, is usually bifloral. While the petals, are long, and pulled downwards and back, I have never seen that clear and intense green color...with the spots on the petals and the dark pouch, it looks great. Hopefully the shape will improve (it already has 2 new growths), but even if it doesn't, I like the bloom.....Take care, Eric

Very beautiful!!! The petals may improve as P-Chan said!! Great dorsal!!

(I can see a photo...)

I got this on Ebay...from rc-vn.............I have had sublaeve in the past. This is very different. sublaeve has very distinctive, and beautiful, foliage...a larger flower (which shows how small this one is.....) and, at least in my experience, is usually bifloral. While the petals, are long, and pulled downwards and back, I have never seen that clear and intense green color...with the spots on the petals and the dark pouch, it looks great. Hopefully the shape will improve (it already has 2 new growths), but even if it doesn't, I like the bloom.....Take care, Eric

Maybe Lance Birk knows where the likes of this clone hails from??

The picture disappeared again! Or did I just screw up on sending it?.....Eric

Latest posts

Back