Orchid Documentary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
I remember that there is one documentary I have seen on NGC about orchids. It's called the Orchid Hunter. Does anyone know any other video documentary about orchids?

I just googled "orchid documentaries" -- there were several hits that seemed to be about orchids (and some about a company that does wedding documentaries).

Okay I just googled that and didn't really returned any links that are relevant. Anyway i was hoping to find that video documentary since its really good. I think its about a guy who travels to various exotic places all around the world to find a new species of orchid and named it after her grand mother. In his travels he came across some exotic plants mostly orchids.

Its really cool.

Hi,
the guys name is Tom Hart-Dyke,he and a friend where taken hostage in central america while looking for orchids.have been trying to buy the dvd myself but can't find it anywhere!

Yeah, That was it. Have you seen his documentary on the NGC? I really wanted to see that again. I hope there is a Bluray for that.

I saw it on channel 4 in the UK,it was called "To the ends of the Earth" I think,he travelled to PNG to try and find a new species to name after his gran

To the best of my knowledge, NOVA: Orchid Hunter has never been released on DVD. I have a copy on VHS. I made my own DVD version of this, and several other orchid films, a few years ago.

This is not the best digitization, but I am working on it...

http://www.orchidhistory.org/orchidhunter.html

:)

Thanks for posting that Sirius! Great to see it again,love the narration about the stories of the plant hunters,think I must have born in the wrong century!

I am in the process of uploading smaller, higher resolution videos that will hopefully load faster. I have set it up so that you have to stream 1/3 of the video before it will play, to help those with slower connections.

Please let me know if the video gives you any trouble. I am trying to test out the video capabilities of my new site, so feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Sirius, that was great. It's unfortunate that they didn't release this on DVD. I wish they will make more video documentaries of orchid expeditions.

Latest posts

Back