% of greenhouses

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a greenhouse?

• Yes

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope... someday. Right now mine are divided betwee my windowsills, and some basement gro-lights.

I grow in the house, basement under fl. lights & in the windows of the dinning room south bay window, kitchen east & south windows, laundry room south & west windows + fl. light, spare bedroom south window.
I use to grow in a summer greenhouse until the bears decided to play.

Tom
Tom, I remember your photos. That must have been devastating. No wonder you have all the plants inside now. Are the bears still around?

Just noticed this thread now...

I grow under HID lights in the basement. (write up on my grow room in Oct 08 Orchids mag) Most of what I grow is the big multifloral paphs. I've had a lot of success under lights....so much so that when we move I am going to stay under lights rather than build a greenhouse. I say go with what works for you.

A couple photos... The Phrag is Nitidissimum 'Wilhelmina Laarman' FCC/AOS. It received the FCC in July...gown under lights.

Attachments

• 2008_0808growroomshots20022.JPG
    2008_0808growroomshots20022.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0046.JPG
    2008_0705nitidissimumfccaos0046.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
i grow in greenhouses but i don't own any.

same, but I wouldn't dare take any of my plants to work; someone would steal them or all the bugs there would attack my plants (or someone would tidy up and toss them out.... )

I hate having all that heat, water, and pressure hoses for cleaning at work (not to mention storage space), but can't use any of it at home! :( not a good idea to hose down the floor at home
no greenhouse, under lights and some on windowsills/lights

Latest posts

Back