Ocean of Phrag. kovachii's!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They bought them quite expensive to be honest, and they had to travel to Peru to get those back ( in this they have been heavily cheated by the seller, who already at that time was flooding the market with cheap wild kovachiis...). Now, a kovachii costs 50 bucks from Arias...

Unfortunely, 50.00 is a lot more appealing then 1000.00 per growth:confused:

My God!!!! Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Otherwise I think clear album variety will be appeared only by selfing or selected sibling and will be very hard to keep alive similar to vietnamense album...it would be one of the biggest sensation in world of orchids!!!!!

They bought them quite expensive to be honest, and they had to travel to Peru to get those back ( in this they have been heavily cheated by the seller, who already at that time was flooding the market with cheap wild kovachiis...). Now, a kovachii costs 50 bucks from Arias...
Beautiful plants, really......

Although I've heard of them in europe, I haven't heard of any full grown plants importing in to USA.

For the white back of the flower, there is a stupid guy in the USA who got a wild kovachii in spike, spike green, bud white. He waited, spike green, bud white. He got fortunes offered for his plant from Taiwan and Japan ( up to 20.000USD), but he KNEW he could get much more by blooming it and selling it in bloom. The green spike grew, white bud grew... it opened... pink...

LMAO! :rollhappy:

Very nice flowerbed you have there. :)
I really like the white in the purple flowers and it's also nice to see that the yellow edge that was discussed a lot a few weeks ago is apparant in flowers that havent' even fully openened yet.

And as far as the price goes, it's definetely to steep for me but I can't judge if it's to much for PK in spike. Only PK's I've seen for sale are seedling that need multiple years to reach blooming size.

Yes -- I bought one, plus a few hybrids, from Manrique there, also.
I see. That looks propagated; the ones from Perufl.. were supposed to be blooming sized or prev bloomed. I know EYOF got some BS ones a long time ago because we had those x EY hybrids i gave away. It would be nice if laws were equally permissive world wide. :eek:

This ocean of kovachiis is really wonderful, would like to jump into and swimm around, like Dagobert Duck jumped into his money....

Best regards, Gina

I see. That looks propagated; the ones from Perufl.. were supposed to be blooming sized or prev bloomed. I know EYOF got some BS ones a long time ago because we had those x EY hybrids i gave away. It would be nice if laws were equally permissive world wide. :eek:

Not propagated, but at least well precultivated... I had plants of both Manrique and Arias in the hands at a point, and clearly they were wild, established plants, no way they could be seedlings. All have an old rhizome with many previously bloomed growths. Manrique plants were grown much better however.

They were each allowed only 5 plants legally collected from the wild.

The ones I saw at Redlands were definitely seedlings. There were no mature plants there, at least not this year.

Back