Now playing?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather said:
Ahhhh....maybe you guys can help. Is there a song by The Pixies about Toast & Jelly? We've been looking for it for AGES and cannot find. I am pretty sure it is by them. Maybe.
I have no idea. I'm not familiar with any.

Heather said:
Sweet Thing, Alison Brown
Is that the bluegrass Alison Brown? The one who did the remake of "everyday I write the book"?

bwester said:
Is that the bluegrass Alison Brown? The one who did the remake of "everyday I write the book"?

You betcha!
I heard about her on NPR a while back.

Blake, you might like Folk Uke, if you like bluegrass/folk type music. They are wicked! The daughters of Arlo Guthrie and Willie Nelson (who both play on their EP). Sweet, sweet voices, with naughty, naughty lyrics. :evil:

Pixies.... love them.
The Police, Cowboy Junkies, Jane's Addiction.
Favorite albums: Appetite for Destruction, Ten, Siamese Dream

Nope, not a teenager but I do enjoy the music my 17 year old son listens to. Blink 182, Greenday, Fall Our Boy, Angels and Airwaves, My chemical Romance, The Used....you get the idea. Oh, I also like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nickelback.

Heather said:
You betcha!
I heard about her on NPR a while back.

Blake, you might like Folk Uke, if you like bluegrass/folk type music. They are wicked! The daughters of Arlo Guthrie and Willie Nelson (who both play on their EP). Sweet, sweet voices, with naughty, naughty lyrics. :evil:

Wow, I have never met anyone who knew of them. I love bluegrass, It is what I was raised on. You might like Grateful Dawg. It was a bluegrass thing with Jerry Garcia and David Grissman. Good stuff!!

Oh yes, I've had Grateful Dawg for years and years - a favourite for sure.
Love Strength & Numbers too. Do you have that CD Blake? You should. I was raised on it too (my dad is rolling in his grave laughing right now that I actually said that out loud, but it is true!) My sister is a union organizer due to our Woody Guthrie exposure, I'm sure of it!

Ok, you Pixies folk, I was wrong. The Toast & Jelly song is by Poi Dog Pondering, "Postcard(s) from a Dream" Anyone have it? please PM me if so... trying to get a copy.

thnx.

Heather said:
Ok, you Pixies folk, I was wrong. The Toast & Jelly song is by Poi Dog Pondering, "Postcard(s) from a Dream" Anyone have it? please PM me if so... trying to get a copy.

thnx.
Don't you know that pirating music is the same as taking the food out of Jay-Z's childrens' mouths?

Zach--have you ever seen Yo la tengo live? They are so amazing! And I love their album titles, like, and then nothing turned itself inside out.

Latest posts

Back