Now Playing - Films!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw 'There Will be Blood' tonight. I thought it was pretty darn good, and Day-Lewis did an incredible job. Also, I loved Johnny Greenwood's soundtrack.

Talking of BAD fillums...

Bette Davis - "Of Human Bondage"

and I only borrowed it coz I thought the soundtrack was gonna be by Erich Wolfgang Korngold! :(

Ha! The Princess Bride is great.

I loved Seven Samurai... I was on a samurai kick there for a while. I watched the Lone Wolf and Cub series, the Zatoichi movies, and of course the Samurai Miyamoto Musashi Trilogy.

- Matt

Just watched Beowulf. The digital animation one. Gotta say I liked it. Felt like I needed a joystick a couple times though as it's sorta like watching someone play a video game.

-Ernie

Saw Charlie Wilson's War last night....great movie! Speaking of "so cold in alaska"....Julian Schnabel's film of Lou Reed performing "Berlin" in Brooklyn last year had its NY premiere today at the Tribeca Film Festival...I was at that concert! Lou Reed was supposed to be at the film today...but I wasn't....However, I'm seeing him in concert tomorrow night!!!! Take care, Eric

Just finished 'The Mist".....it was ggod, even though the end was depressing....last night I saw "Teeth"....now that was fun! I'll never be able to watch a dog eat a scrap of meat again.......Eric

I have to agree with this one. The Professional is an outstanding movie.

It’s not playing now, but it was last night: Grave of the Fireflies. I can safely say I found it to be the most depressing movie I’ve ever seen. The animation is spectacular of course (Studio Ghibli), but wow, you’d better have something light in hand to chase it with—I recommend My Neighbor Totoro for this! The latter is definitely a beautiful treatment of a subject that shouldn’t be avoided though.

Latest posts

Back